GREEN BUFFALO RUNNER - Setting the Pace for a Greener Tomorrow

The Remarkable Inconsistency Of Climate Denial
Earth Day 2014
Back to Where it all Began
2013 Year End, Thank you
Your Next Run

Categories

Climate change, running, runners, running groups, sustainability, environment, Buffalo, NY, Western
powered by

My Blog

Just for Today

Just For Today ………

Just for today, I will opt to ride my bike to work. It’s only five miles and less that ½ hour commute each way. In doing so I will get a little exercise and spew a little less carbon into the air.

Just for today, I plan to grab a veggie sandwich for lunch. The evidence seems to indicate I will not only do my body a lot of good by forgoing the meat but  possibly may be even have a more significant impact on my environmental footprint by forgoing the burger.

Just for today, I’m will skip the bottle of mid-afternoon soda, tea, juice, water and fill my ceramic mug with a cold glass of tap water and a couple of ice cubes.

Just for today, I plan to create a simple vegetarian dish for dinner. It’s not my intent to deprive the rest of my family of their meat fix so I’ll prepare them something else.

Just for today, I will walk to the local convenience store this evening to pick up the few items we need instead of hopping in the car for a 5 minute ride.

Just for today, I promise to not to get on my “green” high horse and preach to others all the good things I’m doing for myself and the environment.

Maybe tomorrow I may repeat a similar routine but more likely and despite my best intentions I will probably come up short.

Maybe tomorrow, a co-worker might say, I think it’s time I stopped buying all these water bottles that I bring to work each day.

Maybe yesterday, I made a tiny impact without saying a word?

10 Comments to Just for Today:

Comments RSS
cosmetics on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 1:42 PM
Our unique shopping site offers extensive inventory at the lowest prices by comparing products. Our site offers the best online shopping experience.
Reply to comment

Designer Chick on Sunday, October 02, 2011 6:55 AM
Great blog.
Reply to comment

Goldsign Denim Sale on Monday, October 24, 2011 4:19 PM
Still a great blog my friend.
Reply to comment

Abbott Benjamin on Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:16 AM
That's really an awesome impression about bike riding. I always ride bike and want to perform in the bike race in the future. Getting this helpful blog through this post I am so pleased. Thanks...
Reply to comment

Hermes garden party on Monday, November 26, 2012 6:47 AM
An wonderfully cast stomach muscles step by step, but driven the usually go well being depression indications. Now, Info programs when it's in excited about subsequently firm investing in a make: way .time, be certainly your back again the quickly small.As time acquired finishing, purchased stowed for virtually any other sobfrequently.A lttle minor h2o of fireworks, to conceal the lovesick check it out without help deluges. Will not needs to be stupid,decreased the sigh tranquilizing.
Reply to comment

rolex replica on Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:38 PM
This past November, many retailers got ajump on the annual Black Friday Armageddon by opening their stores before theThanksgiving turkey was even cold.
Reply to comment

Duck Dynasty Seasons 1-2 DVD on Friday, July 12, 2013 10:56 PM
Our site offers the best online shopping experience.
Reply to comment

vagtacho on Saturday, September 28, 2013 5:49 AM
Due to the enormous forces at work during a collision, anchorage points of the seat belt have to be engineered into the vehicle's chassis right from the start in order for it to properly restrain its occupant
Reply to comment

cheap tag watches on Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:18 AM
I beloved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The comic strip is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you would like be turning in the following. ill without a doubt come further in the past again as precisely the similar nearly a lot often inside of case you protect this increase.
Reply to comment

swiss army watch original on Thursday, January 01, 2015 2:13 PM
Hello.This post was extremely remarkable, especially since I was browsing for thoughts on this topic last week.
Reply to comment