GREEN BUFFALO RUNNER - Setting the Pace for a Greener Tomorrow

The Remarkable Inconsistency Of Climate Denial
Earth Day 2014
Back to Where it all Began
2013 Year End, Thank you
Your Next Run

Categories

Climate change, running, runners, running groups, sustainability, environment, Buffalo, NY, Western
powered by

My Blog

A Mid-Summer Night Confession

It’s time to fess up.  I confess that after moving to our new, but much older home (built in 1928) four years ago; this is the first night that my bedroom has being artificially cooled. Even here, in the confines of Buffalo, NY, often heralded for our frigid temps, the summer heat has become stifling.

Today, my long time co-worker, Charlie offered me a “test drive” of his used 8000 BTU window air conditioning unit. He no longer needed it as his home is now equipped with central air. Reluctantly I accepted, cringing with the pangs of hypocrisy. For after all, few expound the benefits of a green lifestyle with more exuberance than yours truly. My rationalization was sound or so I told myself.  I’m not purchasing the air conditioner new and some day adding to a landfill.

Well, I lugged the unit home and with the help of my two sons managed to place it in my bedroom window without breaking any glass or my back.  Now, hermetically sealed away from my family, I post this guilt ridden tell all. I must admit to being a tad cooler than the past few nights but I find the incessant roar generating from the unit a bit irritating. I’m best lulled to sleep by the rotating hum from the churning blades of my ceiling fan. My bigger fear is that some time tonight, the “green gods” will exact their revenge and the unsecured AC unit will tumble down from my second story window and crash into my car in the driveway below.

While striving to live a greener lifestyle, all of us are confronted with choices each and every day that impact the environment. Even those of us that shout “BE GREEN” the most sometimes discover our actions don’t always correlate to what we preach.

Tomorrow, I am returning Charlie’s 8000 BTU unit back to him.

28 Comments to A Mid-Summer Night Confession:

Comments RSS
uk best essays on Friday, June 21, 2013 2:50 AM

luxury fake watches on Monday, August 12, 2013 9:35 AM
Any business logo is certainly associated utilizing high quality together with direction preparing layout, despite the fact that blending together utilizing great coziness.

replica tag heuer on Monday, June 24, 2013 10:49 PM
Shopping for your Wedding Dress

rolex replica on Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:34 PM
We are also excited to share plans for our 4.22 Earth Day Run. Green Buffalo Runner will be holding our 4th annual environmental awareness run. This year’s event will take place in Delaware Park on Saturday, April 20, 2013.

Replica Franck Muller watches on Monday, July 15, 2013 2:25 PM
It' really a cool and useful piece of information.

Women Nike Blazer Mid Suede Vintage Fur on Monday, July 15, 2013 9:50 PM
help with Search Engine Optimization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Thanks!

serveur web on Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:01 AM
I’m not purchasing the air conditioner new and some day adding to a landfill.

earthwise on Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:06 AM

Nike Air Jordan 3.5 Heels Black Red on Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:56 AM
Your concept is excellent,Its very well writte!!

seo services jaipur on Saturday, July 27, 2013 2:52 PM
My rationalization was sound or so I told myself. I’m not purchasing the air conditioner new and some day adding to a landfill.

Nike Free Powerlines Mens on Friday, August 02, 2013 11:39 PM
Good post ! I just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this.

Nike Air Max Skyline Shoes on Saturday, August 10, 2013 1:47 AM
Good post,and like it very much,i will share it.

Thresher Manufacturer in Jaipur on Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:04 AM
Reluctantly I accepted, cringing with the pangs of hypocrisy.

Nike Air Max 2013 on Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:57 AM
Good post !!An impressive share! I just forwarded this onto a coworker who has been conducting a little research on this.

Nike Air Max 2013 on Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:24 PM

Nike Dunk Heel Low White Grey on Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:16 PM
Thank you! I permanently wanted to write on my blog something like that.

hotel in jaipur on Monday, August 26, 2013 11:49 PM
I really appreciate kind of informative you allocated out here. Keep it up.

Digital marketing in jaipur on Friday, August 30, 2013 9:36 AM
We at SEO Services Jaipur employ the best talent in the industry, who are extremely competent in analyzing, formulating and implementing the finest techniques, in order to provide the desired results to our valuable clients.

fashion designing institute in jaipur on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:46 AM
Gurukul institution is the leading and the topmost Fashion Designing Institute in jaipur which has a global recognition throughout the world.”Take Admission Now

fashion designing in jaipur on Monday, September 30, 2013 4:30 AM
I am getting to the point where I can recover faster without having to take so much time out of the asanas and move from one to the next straight away.

エアジョーダン 4 レトロ on Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:21 AM
日本一激安スニーカーネットショップ、アメリカの専門店からナイキ ダンク、エアジョーダン 4 レトロなどのブランドスニーカーを直輸入して販売いたします。

ロレックスコピー on Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:21 AM
2013年人気直営店老舗.誠実信用顧客は至上.┏時計コピー ┏GUCCI CARTIER 時計偽物 ┏OMEGA FENDI CHANEL ┏COACH BVLGARI

エアジョーダン 4 レトロ on Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:17 PM
日本一激安スニーカーネットショップ、アメリカの専門店からナイキ ダンク、エアジョーダン 4 レトロなどのブランドスニーカーを直輸入して販売いたします。

ロレックスコピー on Sunday, October 13, 2013 11:17 PM

Jaipur Tour on Monday, October 14, 2013 2:52 AM
I have to say you are doing excellent work in this field.

nike free run5 on Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:09 AM
thank you for the share of you,i learn many things from your blog,thanks!

cheapbags on Thursday, August 07, 2014 4:42 AM
louis vuitton bags cheap bags

Dissertation Help on Friday, August 22, 2014 9:53 AM
Wonderful blog! This is very informative site. I am totally pleased by your excellent work. Many thanks for sharing.