Over 15 and a half million runners completed an organized running event last year. Millions more hit the road or trail each year to run recreationally.
Those numbers got us thinking, what would the impact on the planet be if each one of these runners.
- Stopped once a week on a training run to pick up a piece of litter and dispose of it in a trash bin.
- Skipped the purchase of their favorite bottled running drink and instead opted for a reusable water bottle.
- Asked the promoters of the next race they enter, what steps they were undertaking to help “green” the race.
- Considered running to replace a short car trip when doing an errand.
- Donated their worn running shoes to a local charity or recycling facility
Each of us can make a difference……. What can you do to help the planet?